Monday, May 3, 2010

An illogical non-ecological capitalist creed

Frog.

I am a frog who wades through the mess you mask and make
and all the risks you choose to take
I am the embryo through which you prod, dissect and bleed.
I am the measure of your illogical non-ecological capitalist creed...
and I am dying...
And you who choose to remain unaware choose not to care
your profits shall be your snare for as you sleep you’re suffocating me
silent to the frog beyond your window and the disease that stops my breath
we suffocate together you and I and we will oneday wander homeless
into the sky

i WROTE THIS MANY YEARS AGO. HOW IS IT... that an oil rig can leak and BP passes the buck and people speak of a lost economy, lost jobs??? And the Greek economy goes to the wall and they want to inject 120 billion dollars, and yet couldn't decide on what action they needed to take at Copenhagen, because the economy might be affected??? HOW IS IT...frog... ???

3 Comments:

At May 5, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

How come also that you and I and so many others care, and see what is happening and can do nothing about it? I think it is this inabiity to act that is so difficult to accept.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 6:11 PM , Blogger McCabeandco said...

You are so right Michelle! I once did a course in deep ecology, a council of all beings. Part of that course was undergoing a process of grieving. What is left to do but mourn for the things we cannot save or protect from harms way? I once lived for a short time with a group of Penan in Borneo. They were fighting, blockading roads in their forests against Malaysian loggers. They knew what was coming. They knew that their poverty was tied to the destruction of their forest environments. They knew it but had no way of stopping it. And here in West Australia, here where we import rain forest timber and can buy masses of it through Bunnings and other stores, no one blinks an eye... See I am grieving still. I don't know what the answer is... and is it the inability to act that is difficult or our actions that have so little effect on the greater, more powerful polluters and environmental terrorists? I guess we've got to believe that even a ripple is no less significant an action than a wave...

 
At May 6, 2010 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

Yes, lots of ripples create tsunamis eventually I guess. I think there is something in control much biiger than us anyway and that's why I have decided to 'hand it over' to 'it' whatever it is. And the grieving too, absolutely true, but there is an end to grieving too eventually.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home